Patients with eye floaters make 8 common mistakes in their floater treatment. Do you?
So, if you want to get rid of floaters, glasses and contact lenses, and get back clear 20/20 vision without floaters, click the "Start Here" button to learn more.
Last Reviewed: January 2, 2020
Floaters are a problem with collagen:
Myopia (especially high myopia) is related to floaters
- floaters very troublesome, in particular young myopes, pseudophakes (in whom improved post-operative contrast sensitivity increases their perception of floaters in the visual field) and patients whose employment requires fine detailed work.(https://www.nature.com/articles/6700026#t2)
Patients with high myopia and floaters are at high risk to get post vitreous detachment:
- The results of this study suggest that liquefaction of the vitreous begins at a relatively young age in patients with high myopia and progresses with age and axial elongation, thus resulting in a frequent occurrence of PVD.
Treating floaters is important to prevent more serious eye conditions like vitreous detachment, retina tearing, and cataract
- Floaters lower contrast sensitivity function, which normalizes after vitrectomy. Visual Function Questionnaire quantified improvement in satisfaction. Not inducing posterior vitreous detachment reduced retinal tear incidence from 30% to 0% (P < 0.007). Postvitrectomy cataract incidence was reduced from 50% to 23.5% (P< 0.02). This approach thus seems effective and safe in alleviating the visual dysfunction induced by floaters.
Floaters are shadows of red blood cells
Non-Myopes and women often visit more than 1 doctor to consult for floaters
- women and non-myopia patients were significantly related with frequent attendance and doctor switching.
Floaters cause perceived stress, anxiety, and depression
- severe discomfort group showed higher depression, perceived stress, and state and trait anxiety. Conclusions. Symptomatic vitreous floater patients showed substantial level of psychological distress, and the severity of floater symptoms was significantly associated with psychological distress.
Healthline.com, Black Currant
British Royal Horticultural Society, Black Currants
Advances in Gerontology 2005;16:76-9
American Optometric Association, Lutein and Zeaxanthin
British Journal of Ophthalmology Aug 1998; 82(8): 907–910
Opthalmology 117 (12): 2395-2401, December 2010
Reuters December 24, 2009
Dr. Mark Tso Bio
Pure Appl. Chem., Vol. 71, No. 12, pp. 2253±2262, 1999 (PDF)
Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture May 1, 2001: 81(6); 559-568